The global jewellery industry gather in London, the creative capital of the world, at the UK’s Leading Jewellery Trade Event
Olympia, Kensington 2-4 September
London, 2018: From 3D printing with precious metals to lab-grown diamonds, and from the essentials of gemmology to human rights in the jewellery supply chain, International Jewellery London (IJL) – the global meeting place for the jewellery industry – has today announced the full IJL Inspire seminar programme.
IJL Inspire seminars will open the stage to discuss key trends and drivers that are shaping the international jewellery and watch industry today, while offering invaluable networking opportunities to jewellery retailers and suppliers from around the world.
The IJL Inspire highlights include: explorations of current trends such as SS19; co-created and bespoke jewellery; bridal trends; future-focussed sessions including reimagining the future of jewellery retail and the potential of precious metal 3D printing; practical sessions including transforming the high street store, thinking like a customer in a digital world, getting to grips with Instagram, photographing jewellery – and much more.
As the leading trade event for the international jewellery industry, IJL attracts 10,000 visitors from over 50 counties, with more than 550 exhibitors taking part from 2-4 September 2018.
Orna O’Brien, Content Manager at IJL, said: “This year’s relaunched seminar programme stream – IJL Inspire – boasts a packed programme of insightful talks, seminar sessions, thought-provoking panels, and unprecedented networking opportunities. Spanning some of the most pertinent issues within the industry today; as well as jewellery trends; forecasting the future, and plenty of practical advice. There’s something for everyone in this year’s fantastic line-up.”
IJL Inspire – Seminar Programme Highlights
Day One: Sunday 2nd September
- Gemmology 101: Essential Gem Knowledge to Increase Confidence and Boost Sales (10:15-11:45) The Retail Theatre
- Bridal Trends & Global Weddings: Reaping the Rewards (10:30-11:15) The Catwalk Theatre
- Think Like a Customer in a Digital World (11:30-12:30) The Retail Theatre
- How to Generate More Sales from Range Management (13:30-14:30) The Retail Theatre
- From Zero to Hero: Harriet’s Story and Tips on Creating a Successful Jewellery Start-Up (15:00-15:45) The Inspiration Theatre
- All You Need to Know About Lab-Grown Diamonds (16:00-16:45) The Catwalk Theatre
- Can You Think Like a Criminal? (16:00-16:45) The Inspiration Theatre
- Jewellery Retail 2028: Reimagining the Future (17:15-18:00) The Retail Theatre
Day Two: Monday 3rd September
- Uniquely UK: At the Heart of Luxury – Keeping the Cachet at any Price? (10:00-10:45) The Catwalk Theatre
- Precious Metal 3D Printing: An introduction to Jewellery in the 21st Century (10:00-10:45) The Inspiration Theatre
- It’s Personal: Co-Creation and Bespoke Jewellery vs Mass Produced Standard Design (10:00-11:00) The Retail Theatre
- SS19 Jewellery Trends (14:30-15:15) The Catwalk Theatre
- Birmingham: A City of 1,000 Trades: Focus on Jewellery Careers (15:30-16:15) The Inspiration Theatre
- Likes, Sweat and Tears: Getting to Grips with Instagram (16:30-17:15) The Inspiration Theatre
Day Three: Tuesday 4th September
- Fair Luxury Presents: The Human Face of the Jewellery Supply Chain… Session 1 – The Hidden Cost of Jewellery; Human Rights in the Supply Chain and How to Source Responsibly (10:00-10:30) The Retail Theatre
- From Suffragette to Self-Purchasing: Celebrating 100 Years of Women and Jewellery (12:30-13:30) The Inspiration Theatre
- In Conversation with…Lianne Piroddi, Assistant Editor for Fashion, Stylus and Ruch Faulkner, Editor at Retail Jeweller (12:30-13:30) The Retail Theatre
- How to Promote your Brand to Today’s Consumer: The Rise of Experiences and Influencers vs. Traditional Marketing (13:45-14:45) The Retail Theatre
- How to Photograph Jewellery (14:00-14:45) The Inspiration Theatre
- Making it Better: Mindfulness, Wellbeing and Creativity (14:30-15:15) The Catwalk Theatre
- Specialist Retailers: How to Transform Your High Street Store (15:00-15:45) The Retail Theatre
IJL is an unrivalled opportunity for the international jewellery trade to network and find out about the latest industry trends and market developments which will help retailers and suppliers make the right commercial decisions.
For buyers, the show is the once-in-a-year chance to shop for the widest range of gems, jewellery, packaging and services, and to find out about the most topical issues in the industry. IJL also offers buyers the largest variety of gemstones under one roof in Britain today.
IJL is sponsored by the NAJ and supported by the GIA, Gem-A, The Houlden Group, The Company of Master Jewellers, The Responsible Jewellery Council, Euromonitor and CIBJO.
To apply for a press pass, please visit: https://bit.ly/2ztSmsz